Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Antarctica!






Our penguin unit is well underway! As scientists, we explored ice and how it freezes, and read a story about Antarctica. We are learning more about the emperor penguin, as well as a seal.

We are focusing on making connections as we read. As we listened to our Antarctica story, we listened to connections we had to the animals in the story. We learned many new feelings words:

excitement
nervous
afraid
upset
surprised
content

Stay tuned for more adventures with penguins!

2 comments:

  1. Mari I love this! I hope your students' parents check this out. This is a brilliant idea! Also I can't wait to ask you about the emperor penguin next time I see you. xoxoxoo, kase

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS, KASE!!! SOO fun that you are reading it :) I have a lot of fun in my class & it's so fun for me to post pictures & what we're up to! Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete